If you’ve noticed some moldy growths inside of your home, you may need to have mold inspection in Miami performed in order to discover what’s going on and what you can do about it. It is a natural substance that occurs in the outside world. It may appear in various colors, including green, black or white.
In the outside world, it plays a healthy part in the environment in terms of breaking down dead and decaying organic matter such as old leaves or plants. Unfortunately, it also breaks down things inside one’s dwelling such as furnishings and building components. Having this growth inside your home should definitely be avoided.
It grows by reproducing tiny spores, many of which cannot be seen by the naked eye. The spores are attracted to damp or wet surfaces. Even the invisible spores can cause health problems when they begin to reproduce in a home.
Some of the more common health problems include allergic reactions, irritations in the lungs, breathing passages, skin, eyes, and throat. Allergic reactions can range from mild to medium and even severe. The reactions are even toxic to some individuals.
The mold in one’s home should not be inhaled or even touched with bare skin. Reactions can include redness and itchiness of skin and eyes, runny nose and can also lead to fairly severe cases of asthma.
If a person discovers mold growing in their home, there are several steps that they should take, including:
- If it is a small area, the homeowner may be able to clean it up by using rubber gloves and a bleach solution.
- Professional inspection crews should be brought to the scene if a larger contamination situation is suspected.
- Correct the problem that is allowing it to grow. Make sure there is no moisture in your attic, crawlspace or basement that is conducive to further contamination. Plug all leaks and repair roofs.
- Call your local county health department in order to get help with the situation. They will be able to provide helpful information for protecting human health and for remedying the problems within a home or office building that are causing the issues.
- Remember, if you merely clean the mold up without correcting the underlying problem, the contamination will return and continue to escalate.
In summary, mold is a natural part of the outside’s world way of breaking down matter. What is healthy on the outside can be lethal if allowed to grow on the inside. If a homeowner suspects a problem, a professional mold inspection company should be called in to remedy the situation.